Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Welcome to the Mess

This past Sunday I was installed as the Minister for Youth and Outreach at St. John's Lutheran Church in Salisbury.  Moving into a new season of ministry was not an easy decision for me, but the possibility of the new season outweighs my fears. And so I was installed.  The service was beautiful and included a soloist, string quartet and lots of prayers! 


Pastor Rhodes shared in the sermon that God's story begins in the chaos and issued the invitation, "Welcome to the Mess."  You can listen to the sermon here.


Here are some pictures from the festivities. I will have more soon! 
The reception was amazing and included lots of sweets--including my favorite Red Velvet  Cupcakes. 

My parents were able to come and visit from Ohio. It was so special to share this day with them. 

Pastor Jan and Pastor Rhodes serve at St. John's. I am excited to partner with them in ministry. 


A huge thanks to Cam and Kat for celebrating with me too!  

1 comment:

  1. SO happy for you & can't wait to hear tales of your new adventure! :)
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete