Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How I Am Finishing My Twenties

I like to think that I'm not dramatic.  I admit that I am finishing my twenties in dramatic fashion. 

Thursday I traveled up to Durham to see the musical Wicked.  I love the show.  Last year I saw Wicked in the front row for my birthday.  This year I was a bit farther away but the costumes, music and story line are the best regardless of how close or far away you sit.  

After the show I was going to stay with a friend in Cary.  My phone died during the show so I couldn't call and let her know when I was coming but we had decided beforehand that she would leave the light on and the door open.  I got to the house and the lights were out...and the door locked.  I got my wall charger and crawled around her porch to find an outlet but no luck.  Then her neighbor came out and saw me on the porch creeping around.  I feared they might call the cops--it is Cary!  After debating sleeping on the porch, I ended up driving to another friends and asking "Can I crash on your couch?"  I suppose everyone in their twenties should ask that question once?  

On Friday I drove to Richmond to celebrate with my best friend.  She is welcoming twins, Garrett and Peyton.  The shower was a Noah's Ark theme.  It was a blast and I have to admit that I am a fabulous house elf.  I can clean up with the best of them.   I was so good at my house elf duties to get ready for the shower I was being called "Dobi."  (Think Harry Potter).  


Fruit Babies!  I didn't make this but it is soooo cute! 
Me and my favorite little girl in Richmond.  

Me and my bestie!  She doesn't even look prego! 



















And this is where the story starts to get good.  I left Richmond to go to my birthday party with my friends in the Raleigh.  They are the best and because I missed celebrating the Kentucky Derby with them (one of my favorite events), they threw a delay Derby party for me.  The food was fantastic!

These are the leftovers.  I forgot to take a picture of the good stuff! 
At about midnight, I was getting ready to crash at my friend's place. I had to drive back to Salisbury early the next morning.  I ran out to my car with Cam to get my suitcase.  I fell asleep and  not expecting any drama...was I wrong! 

I work up at 5:45am, got ready and quickly realized that I didn't have my car key.  I looked everywhere.  I had really only been in one room.  Where could they be?  By 6:30, I still hadn't found them.  I had to wake up Cam and we both began looking until about 7:15am.  Finally, I had to take Cam's truck to Salisbury so I wouldn't be late for work.  
 
NOTE: While I was driving to Salisbury I went through the McDonalds drive-thru to get a diet coke.  The woman in front of me, parked her car in the line and got out of her car to get her purse out of her trunk.  If you have to park your car, DONT GO IN THE DRIVE-THRU!  I was not pleasant.  

Monday morning I had to drive back to Raleigh to return Cam's truck.  I drove to the dealership.  They gladly ordered a new key for me, but....it will not be ready to til Tuesday.  And the kicker is that I had to have my car towed to the dealership to have the key programmed.  

Despite our best efforts to find the key, I had no luck and had to spend one more night in Raleigh.  This morning I woke up and used my AAA membership to tow the car, waited for the key to arrive in a manufacturer's shipment.  Thankfully by 10am I was on my way to Salisbury with my keys and my car.  

Oh and this morning a latte was spilled on my iphone.  

Here's hoping that my thirties are far less eventful and full of super fun shoes! 
Couldn't resist the pink 
A b-day gift from my best friend




1 comment:

  1. Yes, Danielle, you are a Schrenker!! Glad everything worked out! Happy Birthday!! Have a special day and a great year to follow! XO
    ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete