Monday, June 27, 2011

My Style

I took a quiz the other day regarding my fashion sense.  I thought this was fitting because I grew up with people telling me I lacked fashion sense and would be a good candidate for What Not to Wear.  I can’t really blame them.  I once shoed up to work with two different shoes on…and not closely related shoes (one was a magenta ballet flat and the other a black tennis shoe).  Last week, I wore flip flops to church and they ended up breaking right before service.  I had to stand up in front of the congregation and apologize for my bare feet.  I led the whole service without shoes.  I know my mother is shuddering at the thought!  Alas, I have always kinda of liked my quirky style including my bright teal sunglasses, flower headbands and bright colored sweater sets.  And the quiz confirmed it!  Here are the results:

You're playful, young at heart, and decidedly feminine. You love being a woman who enjoys girlie pleasures, but unlike the classic damsel in distress, you're independent and confident. You enjoy letting your man open the door for you -- but just as often, you'll switch things up by opening the door for him! Your signature style mixes traditionally feminine silhouettes with more modern, original pieces. You like to look pretty but want to be an individual, too.
Your wardrobe staples:
  • Sweater sets in unexpected colors, like bright pink or lime green. (This must make-up about 80% of my wardrobe).
  • Full, '50s-style skirts. It's a bonus if they're made of printed fabrics.
  • Slim cigarette pants, cropped just above the ankle. (Okay, this one doesn’t apply.  I would look ridiculous in this!)
  • Kitten heels that are low enough to run around in.  ( Have you ever seen me in anything higher than an inch—I think not!)
  • Ballet flats, to wear with everything from pants to skirts.
  • Glasses in bold plastic, to contrast with your feminine clothes. (LOVE THEM!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment