Sunday, October 16, 2011

Delighting in the Little Things


I have been traveling so much lately that even my little gypsy spirit is longing for a sense of home.  In seasons like this in my life I try to remember that God brings delight in little things.  Lately for me, I have been taking great delight in flowers.  I get up and work out at 5:45am most Fridays and often do my grocery shopping at 7:00am after the gym.  Most Fridays at that time, they are clearing out their week stash of flowers making their displays ready for the weekends.  And guess what my local grocery store does with them?  Give them away!  I love it.  They almost always give me a thing of flowers with my purchases and I have come to love and look forward these bright additions to my Friday mornings.

Some of my recent flowers:

And I love that I get to use my vase.   I made this vase with two of my favorite young kids at paint your own pottery.  We surrounded it with the word love around the top and each of us made a flower with our thumbprints. 

 Love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment