Saturday, May 28, 2011

Welcome to Our Home

I think I'm focused on the idea of home because I just signed a lease for my first place without a roommate. I can't believe after eleven years of roommates, I will be living on my own.  So excited.  The big move date is July 7th and I can't wait.  


All the being said, this Sunday I'll be preaching on Acts & 1 Peter.  Here is a sneak peak of the sermon entitled, "Welcome to Our Home." 



This past week, several of my dear friends who also serve in the ministry had lunch together.  We were talking about our sermons and the trepidation with which we preach sermons about sharing our faith.  In fact, our conversation went on to reveal the ways that we avoid sharing the hope in us…like when asked what we do, instead of sharing the hope, we say something like, “Oh, Me? I am in non-profit management.”   Our laughter soon turned into confession about fear.  What will they think? What will we say?  Will they instantly lump us in the category with Westboro Baptist Church?

If Paul and Peter had been sitting around our lunch table, I imagine they would have said to us, “You were created for so much more.  You have so much more hope in you.  Do not fear the world around you.  They can’t argue with your story, your hope…its yours.  They can’t dispute the facts or tell you God wasn’t real.  It’s your hope.  So do not fear as the world fears, and open up your mouth and let the messages of hope speak.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment