Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hey Mr. Postman

Listen to what happened to me at the post office.  I know that most of you simply go in and mail your packages without much fanfare…you are missing out.   I was standing in line to mail my taxes to my brother (he takes care of me!).  I walked up to the counter and handed my flat rate priority envelope to man. He responded, “You are beautiful.”  I must have blushed and looked away for a brief moment because he said, “I mean it.  You are gorgeous.”   At this point, I am very weirded out.  He proceeds to say, “If I wasn’t working, I would ask for your number.”  The only thing that I could mumble was, “That’s okay sir.  I’m good.” 

His response?  “I couldn’t take the rest of the day off sick if you want?” 

I simply handed him my cash and got out of there.  I wasn’t prepared for such a friendly postal clerk and besides it was before 10am, and I hadn’t had a chai latte yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment