Monday, August 1, 2011

My New Place

It’s Official.  After having rented my apartment for a month, I have finally slept in my new place for seven days (That is a good indication of how crazy this month has been). For as thankful as I am for my roommate, I love living on my own. I will admit the biggest change is the lack of cable and technology when it comes to entertainment but I suppose I will adjust (or breakdown and get cable!).  Here is a look at my new place. I could still use some end tables, desk chair, cookie sheet and a coffee table if you have any of these items to spare!   Sorry some of the pictures are the wrong direction. I uploaded them wrong and I am too tired to fix them! 

This is the view when you walk in the front door. Yes, I know I should have cleaned up before I took the picture but just roll with it!  Don’t you just love my area rug?  I think Jesus wanted me to have it because it was the exact colors I wanted and on clearance at Lowes.  (Jesus cares about my rug choice, right?) J



Here is my built-in bookcase.  Note the giant stereo.  Despite the compactness of an ipod dock, I can’t give it up!  The stereo was the first thing I bought with my own money when I went off to college over a decade ago. 

This is my little dining room.  The curtain is a Sari from Sri Lanka, the metal hangings are from Haiti, the table from my grandma and the vase I made with the kids I babysit.  If you come over for dinner, you will need to bring your own chair. I only have two J

Here’s the kitchen.  Many a chai latte will be made here. 

This is where I am planning on getting all my work done!  Will see.  Some how it feels like all I’ve done so far is stack papers.  

My room is still a work in progress, I get pictures soon!
Danielle 

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you! The place looks great, and the rug is perfect :) Love the stories behind the dining room decor, too! ps- I have a cookie sheet to spare!
    ~cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apartment Danielle! The rug gets my "like" vote. I have a lot of stuff to share that you probably don't need or want, but it is the thought that counts!

    Hugs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks very cute Danielle. Glad you are enjoying your new place finally. Don't waste the money on cable. It's not worth it. Spend it somewhere else that makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can donate an office chair that was handed down to us many years ago. I upgraded a couple of years ago and it is just sitting in the corner.

    The N&O had an article just yesterday about watching tv online if you just want to spring for internet: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/08/01/1382399/tv-without-cable-or-dish.html#storylink=misearch

    ReplyDelete