Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Love to Tell the Story

When I was little, I knew an older woman named Mrs. Graham.  She was beautiful.  She was small in stature but taught me so much about faith.   Her favorite hymn was “I Love to Tell the Story.”  It has since become mine.  

This morning I was reading Jeremiah 23 and in it the Lord says, “’So then, the days are surely coming,’ declares the Lord, “when people will no longer say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of Egypt,’ but they will say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the descendants of Israel up out of the land of the north and out of all the countries where he had banished them.’  Then they will live in their own land.”  This passage serves as a message of hope to Israel that their story has not ended.  They aren’t only going to be telling stories about how God moved and provided for their ancestors but for them as well.  

It made me wonder…what story am I telling?  Do I believe that God is on the move in my life and in my community now in such a way that I won’t merely recall past stories of faith but daily tell the stories how God is moving in our midst?  

I love to tell the story.
danielle kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment